If you’re an essential worker and you’re commuting to home or work between 1 and 5 a.m., we’re here to get you where you’re going.
If you already have an account sign in.
Essential workers can book one free trip in a for-hire vehicle per night if:
- A bus trip would take more than 1 hour and 20 minutes
- A bus trip requires more than two transfers, or
- The walk to or from a bus stop is more than 1/2 mile (10 minutes of walking)
If your trip meets one of these requirements, register below to book a ride.
Beginning Wednesday, July 1, at 1 a.m., we will no longer be providing for-hire vehicle service on Staten Island through the Essential Connector program. You can plan a trip to South Ferry at 4 Whitehall Street, New York, NY, 10004, instead. The Staten Island Railway and Staten Island Ferry will continue to operate all night.
If Your Trip Isn’t Eligible
You still have options. We’ve dramatically increased our overnight bus service, and you can ride for free while subway service is paused. Our trip planner has the most up-to-date route information. Be sure to:
- Set the time for your planned commute
- Under Travel Preferences, select “bus” and “express bus”
Find out more about MTA resources for essential workers.